The holidays are officially upon us. There are two weeks left in 2018. The list of things to get done before the end of the year seems to be growing instead of shrinking. With all of that comes a lot of stress for many people. Some mindfulness tips can help with that stress.
If you’re running a business, the end of the calendar year can also be the end of your fiscal year. It’s also the end of the quarter. And you may have sales goals and other financial benchmarks to hit before the calendar turns over.
At home, maybe you’ve had a list of things to get done all year. Each month, you’ve pushed certain tasks back each time they popped up. But now, with the end of the year and the holidays, there doesn’t seem to be enough time to get them all done.
Mindfulness Tips During the Holidays
Ms. Wei outlines 8 different tips to help reduce stress and anxiety at the holidays:
- Practice Active Listening
- Be Open to the Emotions of Others
- Be Open to a Range of Emotions in Yourself
- Let Go of Old Habits or Patterns that Might be Holding You Back
- Expand How You Communicate Care
- Let Go of Judgment – Both for Yourself and Others
- Balance the “Shoulds” with Awareness of Your Own Needs
- Practice Self-Compassion
Today’s next steps are simple: Relax and enjoy the holidays! Take some time for yourself. Recharge your batteries. Get ready to make 2019 your best year…